Please note: As of September 1, we are continuing to stay mostly online until further notice. This is to keep our church community safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please watch for updates on resuming in-person worship.
Find this week's worship guide here.
We welcome you to National Avenue Christian Church!
We are located in Springfield, Missouri at 1515 S. National Avenue.
Worship is at 10am every Sunday. You will find the live online service on our Facebook page.
Please park in the church lot, behind the building off Portland Street, and follow the signs to enter at the back of the church.
Here are some things to expect (from both in person and online) from the hybrid style worship:
- We are working on a check in process. Eventually, we will have a kiosk for self check-in, but we are currently using a Google form. In person, a volunteer will catch you at the door and ask you a few check in questions (name, updated contact etc). Online, you can catch the link at the top of the live Facebook video comments section. Just fill it out and hit submit (it's really short).
- Prayers/Celebrations: You can fill out a prayers/celebrations form in advance (this is replacing prayers from the comments section). Any time before worship, please follow this link to share your prayers and let us know how you’d like us to share with the community.
- Give: Your presence in this space is a gift. If you would like to give financially also, to support the work of our community, you can give via our Paypal. We also now have TEXT giving. It's a really simple one time set up and you can set it to give once or automatically give on ANY day of the month (or week, or whenever!) that you'd like. This new way is so awesome and we hope you'll like its convenience. Text "Give" to (855) 650-1135.
Specifically In Person:
- Bring a mask! We are planning to be masked and socially distant. Anyone leading worship without a mask is fully vaccinated.
- Programs and communion will be waiting for you on the seats. If you need additional communion, there will be extras on the communion table. We are using the individual cups for the first few weeks, if you prefer you are welcome to bring communion from home (if you’ve loved a certain cracker, you are welcome to bring it! BYOC, Bring your own Christ is an option!)
- Bring coffee! For the first few weeks we won’t have coffee fellowship. If you are coming to a class before worship, you are welcome to bring coffee with you from home or your favorite coffee joint.
- Offering will be mostly electronic, and we will have offering plates at the end of worship. We won’t pass the trays during worship. You will be invited to sharing offering via PayPal or texting or use the offering plates at the end of worship.
- Sharing our prayers moves from the comments to a google form. Everyone, in-person and on-line, will be invited to share prayers here. Share your prayers and how you’d like us to share with the community before worship begins so we can share during worship.
- Passing of the Peace. Each of us are at different levels of comfort. We encourage you to pass the peace with a bow (think namaste) or an elbow bump. We will have a special spot dedicated to greet the online community if you’d like to pass peace and wave hello!
- Camera views. Remember that worship will be streamed live. There will be a chance for those in-person to be in the camera viewing. We will try to share locations out view of the camera if you want to avoid any chance of being the camera shot.
- Play with your phone in worship! We encourage you to hop on facebook live and greet the community gathered online during worship as you desire.
If you have any questions, concerns or anything else you want to let us know, please email us.